If you are in a situation where you do not have any health benefits or the money to purchase medicine then you can have access at no cost to medicine from the Word of God. Or you can trust God for your healing before, during, and after your doctor's appointment. That's right! You can have free access to divine medicine at absolutely no cost to you or to anyone else. It has already been paid for with the blood of Jesus Christ. He died to put an end to your sicknesses and diseases. By his stripes or wounds you have been healed. He put away your sins and through his resurrection from the dead you have been reconciled to God.
The bible says in Proverbs 4:20-22, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."
That word "health" means medicine, cure, healing, deliverance, and remedy. I don't know about you, but to me that about covers pretty much everything that a good medicine would do, don't you think? Let's break down this scripture point by point to examine the specific instructions for taking medicine in the form of God's Word.
1. "My son" this means that you need first and foremost a relationship with God. Jesus Christ has already provided the way for you to receive reconciliation with God. All you have to do is receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior in order to be a child of God and have that relationship started. When you are born again as the Scripture says you are a new creation. Old things are passed away and new things come. That means the old sicknesses and diseases and sins are gone and health and eternal life are present. If you tie off a tree it will still show signs of life for a while. But soon it will show no sign of life. So it is with your sicknesses and diseases and sin. You are made new in your spirit and you have eternal life in you. And your sicknesses and diseases are gone starting from inside your spirit. They may still show signs of life in your body, but they are done just the same.
To be born again you need to follow the instructions found in Romans 10:9, 10, and 13. If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
2. "Attend to my words" means that you are putting in a diligent effort to take the Word of God as your medicine. If a doctor prescribes medicine for you, do you take one dose and quit or do you take it until you are finished? Do you take the medicine prescribed by the doctor only one time a day if the prescription calls for you to take it three times a day? So what do you do in regard to taking the Word of God as your medicine? You keep taking God's Word until you are completely healed from your physical infirmity. Well how do you do that? I am glad you asked. Let's find out.
3. When the bible says to incline your ear to my sayings it means that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. What you do is to confess and give thanks and praise to God that you are healed because it is written (quote your scripture promise for healing here). If someone asks you if you are healed you say that you are standing on the Word of God. You are not lying or denying that you have been sick. You are denying the sickness any right to stay in your body. So if you might take a prescribed medicine three times a day then it would make sense for you to stop and give thanks and praise to God that you have received your healing three times a day. And take your medicine from the Word of God before you even see results in the natural. It is just like taking medicine from your doctor. You believe that the doctor told you the truth and that by taking the medicine you will get better. You may even take the medicine that the doctor prescribes without noticing any results after the first one or two doses. You just believe the medicine is going to work. Well, God does not lie so believe that when you take his medicine you will get better.
4. The next step is to not let the Word of God depart from your eyes. After you give thanks and praise to God that you have received your healing and have quoted your Scripture promise, you need to imagine yourself well. Many times people only imagine the worst happening in their lives and will not change their thinking. You need to. If the bible says that by Jesus' stripes you were healed then imagine yourself all healed up and going about your business like any normal and healthy human being would do. Do this three times a day also or as many times as needed depending on the severity of your situation. Do it for at least 10 to 15 minutes at a time.
5. This is how you will keep God's Word in your heart or spirit and in your conscience and sub-conscience mind. If you keep God's Word in you and prohibit other stuff that is contrary from getting into your thinking and your speaking and your actions then you can be healed.
6. The Word of God is life to those that find it and health to all their flesh. There is nothing wrong with you that God can't fix or replace with new parts. You need to act on the Word of God and do that which you could not do before. At first it will seem that your mind is reminding you that you are not well and that the whole thing is stupid and that you better not try anything dumb. For that matter people will tell you the same thing. Your emotions will flare up and fight against you. Your body will make you feel that it is impossible for you to recover so you should just give up. Don't give in my friend. Fight the good fight of faith. Never quit and never surrender. Never compromise. And if you really want to keep your healing then forgive those that have wronged you (Mark 11:25) and give away what you have received by sharing your testimony with others so that they can be healed too.